Thursday, March 28, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 4 months ago #62479

I may or may NOT be late saying this but I'm gonna do so anyway.

My ideas for the game:
Divisions: Up to a minimum of 4 to a maximum of 10.
Examples: Big Block Modifieds, Street Stocks, Super Lates, Mod Lites, Sprint Cars, E-Mods, Outlaw Modifieds, Crazy Compacts (a.k.a. Mini Stocks), Silver Crown, and Midgets.
I'm also suggesting 2 categories that go with the divisions: Vintage or Modern- Day cars. The vintage division will be Sprint Cars with no down tubes, Late Models with Camaros and boxy chassis in it, and Modifieds with those funny-looking bodies of theirs.
Tracks: Maximum of 30 to choose from
Examples(I'll give you 10): Raceway 7 (home track)
Sharon Speedway
Mercer Raceway Park
Knoxville Speedway
Eagle Raceway
Huset's Speedway
The Syracuse Mile
The Dirt Track at Charlotte
Terre Haute
Lucas Oil Speedway
and many more.

Division number: Minimum of 1 and a maximum of 40. A maximum of 26-30 cars qualified for the A Main
Schedule: Practice, Qualifying, Heats, B Main (if needed), and A Main
That's all I have planned.
Like or dislike all you want.
EDIT: The graphics should also be at least like rfactor and/or rfactor 2's graphics.
Multiplayer: The maximum number for a multiplayer race can be chosen, up to 40, by the host of the race.
Modding can be allowed as well but that doesn't mean change a dirt racing game to an asphalt simulator, like what happened to rFactor when it started out as an asphalt simulator. Anyway, the game should STRICTLY be a dirt racing game.
EDIT 2: Speaking of strict, I also want the game to actually black flag you once you intentionally wreck an AI or someone in online multiplayer.
Also there should be a RED FLAG setting for at least 30 seconds- 1 minute if there are 2 + cars flipping or wrecking violently.
Yellow flags occur for 1-5 laps when 2+ vehicles spin out.
******MINI STOCKS ONLY******
There can be an enduro setting up to a maximum of 100 cars on the track and a maximum of 200 laps. No yellows, reds only for severe wrecks with 5+ cars critically damaged, however, critical damage wont include smoke, caved-in passenger side doors, and cars that wont restart from the engine stalling, not to mention spin-outs as well.
EDIT 3: I look like I own a track or something :P
EDIT 4: Damage:
If you flip more than 3 times, your car is totaled for the race. Also I want EXTREMELY REALISTIC DAMAGE, for example, caved in doors (as I mentioned in edit 2), Ripped off suspension, shocks and debris everywhere (including wheels), flames, sparks, as realistic as possible.
Not to mention dust, it has to stay visible for at least 15 seconds-1 minute, depending on how many cars are in the field. There also has to be ai for the tow trucks, ambulances (for critical crashes), and push cars to actually tow or push the car into the pits. Then once the track is cleared, it's back to green. However, laps won't count under caution.
Once caution is out, the ai has to be well trained
and not like the ai from rfactor---- meaning, letting people pass until you're supposed to be behind one of those cars passing you and not causing a hold up in the line in which I'm most irritated on.
No pace car unless for the divisions of Big Block Modifieds, Sprint Cars, Silver Crown (possibly), and the Super Lates.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Patriot-76P. Reason: Too much is not enough.

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 4 months ago #62483

• BMS
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 287
I'd love to like or dislike and comment but I can't because I don't understand

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 4 months ago #62492

• dxK
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
  • Thank you received: 9
Hopefully the physics are more realistic, something like rfactor. DTR2 physics just aren't realistic to me

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 4 months ago #62494

• Brian
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 124
Rfactors physics, aren't even close. They should stop trying to make there cars to pick up the front end when it's slow as hell in real racing. Watching the Lucas oil series this weekend and how the cars go through the corner, DTR 2 cars look alot close than Rfactor and yes I have ran both and yes I'm fast at both.

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 4 months ago #62495

• Brian
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
Rfactor's physics are no where near a real Dirt Late model, the only thing the DLM has is the details because it races like the trucks at Eldora one lined and shitty(Yes I do and have raced Rfactor and I am fast over there). If they want a good Dirt racing game they need to make it run off bandwidth because thats a huge part of what makes the racing good on DTR2 and it needs to be a game dedicated just to dirt. The second you start adding in pavement to game the dirt suffers.

Knowing who is making this, I wouldn't get your hopes up. There isn't a huge fan base for dirt racing so they won't take the time to make a good game. Thats why we run a 12 year old game or the turd they call Rfactor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BLS_BW43

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 4 months ago #62496

B2 wrote: Rfactor's physics are no where near a real Dirt Late model, the only thing the DLM has is the details because it races like the trucks at Eldora one lined and shitty(Yes I do and have raced Rfactor and I am fast over there). If they want a good Dirt racing game they need to make it run off bandwidth because thats a huge part of what makes the racing good on DTR2 and it needs to be a game dedicated just to dirt. The second you start adding in pavement to game the dirt suffers.

Knowing who is making this, I wouldn't get your hopes up. There isn't a huge fan base for dirt racing so they won't take the time to make a good game. Thats why we run a 12 year old game or the turd they call Rfactor.

And that's why I (temporarily) quit rFactor. However notice I didn't use the word 'realistic' in my post? All I said was GRAPHICS like rFactor, NOT realism. Big difference. Anyway, I'm hoping the cars will actually turn out RWD or FWD because I notice on DTR2 basically had all cars that were 4WD. However, I want the cameras to be exactly like dtr2 because I like spectator cameras where you can just act like you're watching the race without going camera to camera around the track.

Last edit: by Patriot-76P. Reason: Poorly written sentence

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 4 months ago #62497

• Brian
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
I'm not bad mouthing anyone but Cameron LMAO, I'm just being my normal Jackass self :woohoo:

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 4 months ago #62534

Any update on how much progress the game is in now? :huh: ......No? :unsure: ......Ok then. :dry:

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 3 months ago #62550

co op career mode. so u can play in the same team as a friend or even rival teams if you want. more realistic damage. passing flags so when you are lapping ai they stay in there line. Adjustments for handling and difficulty as some people do like the more arcade feel. But please dont make it a arcade game tho. i would really love to see a game come out with co op career mode. i think a lot of people would love that. especially if you could be in the same team share your income as a team budget. ability to have more than 1 sponsor on the car. And last off all Oculus Rift support they are amazing for car games especially in incar view :-) if you need any testers my hands are in the air :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Patriot-76P

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 3 months ago #62598

stuey450f wrote: co op career mode. so u can play in the same team as a friend or even rival teams if you want. more realistic damage. passing flags so when you are lapping ai they stay in there line. Adjustments for handling and difficulty as some people do like the more arcade feel. But please dont make it a arcade game tho. i would really love to see a game come out with co op career mode. i think a lot of people would love that. especially if you could be in the same team share your income as a team budget. ability to have more than 1 sponsor on the car. And last off all Oculus Rift support they are amazing for car games especially in incar view :-) if you need any testers my hands are in the air :-)

Note to anyone who is just about to start sim racing, the arcade setting for difficulty, possibly known as the easy ai setting, does NOT mean racing will be that easy in real life. Especially to those who are younger than 13.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stuey450f

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 3 months ago #62809

This what it's like not receiving any up-to-date news about the development process?

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 3 months ago #62810

• DeadBolt
  • Double Barrel Buckshot
  • Thank you received: 133
id be surprised if it ever came to fruition
They say the dead don't rest without a marker of some kind.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BMS

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 3 months ago #62811

• dxK
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
  • Thank you received: 9

B2 wrote: I'm not bad mouthing anyone but Cameron LMAO, I'm just being my normal Jackass self :woohoo:

Typical Lic, haha. But on a serious note, I said something like rfactor. If this game doesn't allow you to throw your cars off into the corner and still be fast, I most likely won't play it. Part of the reason of why I left DTR2 is because the car is never sideways, like in real life, if that makes any sense. It's always straight

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 3 months ago #62813

• Brian
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
Ya I know never sideways....................SMH

Attachment not found

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 3 months ago #62814

• Brian
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
I hate it when my car gets sideways........................

Attachment not found

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 3 months ago #62815

• BLS_BW43
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 220
The ,SDLM,BLS Series LM,BLS MOD, versions B2 put out run and have speed driving with more dirt realistic amounts of yaw .

Getting folks to race anything is on a downward spiral look around at other points sheets from SIM racing leagues and Racetracks are closing at an alarming rate .

In fact , I'm not sure anyone gives a $#!T about anything these days besides UFC, Phones and Showin their A$$ on Facebook.

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 3 months ago #62819

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
  • Thank you received: 296
I show my butt on twitter thank you very much.

But yeah I have no clue what dxk is talking about. He must have had like really crappy setups or something. The backend of my cars have always stepped out in the corners. Only car that doesn't go sideways for me is the Bombers because they're faster straighter like any street stock class car. Late models are always powersliding on my screen. I've yet to race where my car stays perfectly straight like he's complaining about.
A main wins: 151*'

B main wins: 50

C main wins: 5

D main wins: 1

Dash wins: 133

Heat race wins: 339***

Championships: 15*

Last edit: by J-MAC.

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 3 months ago #62821

• BMS
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 287
Well if you dont care for sideways dont bother with my new Sprint Cars then.

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 3 months ago #62823

Definitely not sideways

The high-side hustling Ginger!

#TeamICE forever!

#2FASTMOTORSPORTS

Wins - 75***

Championships - 8
Attachments:

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 3 months ago #62825

• Brian
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
I wish these dirt late models would get sidways

Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 165 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form