Friday, March 29, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 7 months ago #60910

• Eric41
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I'm the best
  • Thank you received: 64
I hope it's a sprint car only game. Those are the best.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 7 months ago #60911

• Daveybird
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
  • I'm a sexy bird who can fly on dirt!
  • Thank you received: 9
This game should also have HEAVY emphasis on User-Created content, like:

Create a driver: Choose paints, make, model, division for your drivers.

Create a league: Group all your favorite drivers into your dream roster.

Create a division: Choose which cars are allowed, whether it's a stock car or sprint-style car, which parts have to be stock, which parts can be racing parts, and other stuff. Then you can either create and paint every driver for that division individually, or you can have the game auto generate about 16-30 drivers so you can race as your new division right off the bat.

Create a track: Stretch, resize, and modify several different dirt oval blanks, and add things like grandstands, lights, infield stuff, pits, concession stands, crowds, press boxes, etc.

Create a decal: Kinda like the WWE games' paint tool.

User Share: Like how a lot of sports games have the option to share your created content online for others to download, this is a must if this game has a creation system. People can share their original creations for all categories, plus, think about it. This means they can share unofficial real cars, drivers, tracks, divisions, and other stuff that wasn't included in the game or wasn't licensed! They do that for WWE games and stuff.

And yeah, arcade or realistic handling, both should be in and able to toggle.

I'll tell you what, if it has Dirt Late Models in it, I will buy it for my XBox 360! That's why I didn't buy the newer WoO Sprint Car game. For me, Sprint Cars are good on the side, but not required, but Dirt Late Models are the main reason I buy this type of game.

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 7 months ago #60916

• VLR_Shock
  • VLR_Shock's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483

Eric41 wrote: I hope it's a sprint car only game. Those are the best.

Gotta be joking me. There's a reason the last one didn't sell well, it was those nasty ass Sprints
Team VLR - Racing since 2004
The following user(s) said Thank You: dxK

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 7 months ago #60917

• F1yer
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • I fear no man,beast or evil, brother!
  • Thank you received: 364
Sprint cars would be as big as the last sprint car flop.
Better eat them fuckin vitamins kiddies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dxK

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 7 months ago #60918

With all the options you have now.... This could truely be awesome for the DIRT SIM FAN........I REALLY HOPE IT COMES TO BE.........

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 7 months ago #60923

The World of Outlaws game may not have been the best, but was much improved from Sprint Cars 1&2. One thing that Sprint Cars 1&2 got right was the cars getting dirty and some sheet metal getting bent. The cars looked 200% better than Sprint Cars 1&2 especially the Sprint Cars, and Late Models didn't look bad.

The AI cars raced a lot better on the WoO game than Sprint Cars 1&2, especially on small tracks where it looked as if all the AI drivers were drunk.

The contact between the cars in their WoO game was lacking with cars rubbing and not flipping. Also if AI gets into you, you spin easily but is impossible for you to spin them out.

Also, I like how the WoO game showed the qualifying, all the heats, dash, B Main and Feature results after all the races. Like being able to look at all 4 heat results before entering the dash and so on.

If a car does spin out or wreck a caution needs to be thrown, and would be nice to have the choice to watch the caution laps or skip them and maybe have the Delaware double file restart with the choice of inside or outside.

And one last thing is that I liked how they showed the race line up and did the four wide salute before all the races. And being able to say when you were ready to start the race (kind of what I was thinking with the caution laps).

Last edit: by 10N Alex Naffe.

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 7 months ago #60928

• BMS
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 287

Eric41 wrote: I hope it's a sprint car only game. Those are the best.

You're an idiot!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: VLR_Shock, 10N Alex Naffe, dxK, Jok3r, Goldfish

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 7 months ago #60934

• VLR_Shock
  • VLR_Shock's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
What game are you talking about Alex? We are talking about the WoO 2009 game that came out for Xbox 360. It only had Sprint Cars. Yes it was much improved over the last two Sprint Car games, but would've really been awesome if it had Late Models instead that look like real late models.

I like that too with the presentation. If/When this guy talks to me again I will suggest for offline that you be able to enter new drivers and assign skills to them like say Talent Level- 1-100, Equipment Level (a guy can have 100 talent but 60 equipment and have a hard time winning, maybe get a new ride?), Aggression level, etc. Like being able to add real drivers and assign realistic skills for them. Also, have a folder inside data or whatever that let's you add a 256x256 pixel image and assign it to a driver you create and it will show up when the starting grid is listed before each race and also after the heat/dash/b/a finishes! And also was gonna mention the four wide salute, we're on the same page Alex :P
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 7 months ago #60939

I was talking about the 2009 game as well, but was mentioning that on Sprint Cars 2 that the late models weren't totally horrible looking, but could be improved.

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 7 months ago #60942

Hopefully the handling wont be like a lil bitty dwarf car and the cars will actually roll over

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 7 months ago #60943

everything sounds good. 1 thing id love to see is relistic weather. like having clear skiys and another night coudy and cold a varity of things. only thing other id like to see is racing on friday and satudays and maybe sunday specials but there options

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 7 months ago #60944

• Jok3r
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
  • Thank you received: 11
Would be really great if they could make the game with all the ideas from the community

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 7 months ago #60946

Being able to setup the heat, dash, consi and feature distances (1-100 like in DTR2) would also be a good option.

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 7 months ago #60947

JUST COMIN FROM HEART.............THEY DO BOTH........QUIT BIKKERRING......C MON MAN.

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 7 months ago #60949

Ya lost me here. Heartland . . .

Last edit: by 10N Alex Naffe.

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 6 months ago #60960

was sayin, if it takes both sprints and late models to get the game made cause it will sell more units. then so be it,. that news will probly be coming soon into the talks of making it...............................now ya read me..if it takes both SO BE IT................

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 6 months ago #61007

I would like to see LM WoO Imca type mods street,pure stock type stock cars and 1 of these or some these 4cy, mod lites, go carts or mini wedges for newbies there alote ways to go on this but they need give us opertunity to start low and work way up like i made my offlines for my series

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 6 months ago #61009

Wouldn't mind seeing normal class such as: Super Late Models, 2bbl/crates, Modified Street, Street Stock, Open Wheels, Mini Stocks.... I also wouldn't mind seeing the car physics be a bit more like rFactor so that the cars roll over and you get that little bit of lift on that front left.
B Main Wins : 1

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 6 months ago #61477

That's cool !!

BOOM! New Dirt Track Racing Game in Development!!! 9 years 6 months ago #61485

not sure if someone said this already, but, i think the track should change each lap and like get black slick over the time of the race and a build up of a cushion. i like the idea of creating your own track. be able to choose current chassis in the game. being able to buy a truck and trailer or toter and stacker. more tracks, like maybe 1 from each state or like 40 tracks. and quite a bit of divisions.

Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 136 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form