Friday, April 19, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

.PRE Files 11 years 10 months ago #33369

Lookin through my WoOSC2002 folder today and found some files I've never seen before. What are PRE files?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: .PRE Files 11 years 10 months ago #33390

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
.PRE files basically contain all the data from WoO2002 and no one's ever been able to get them to extract like we did dtr2 files so we can edit them. So that's why not as many people play that game now is because you can't make add ons for it and everyone is stuck with the same tracks/cars since 2002. Otherwise I think we'd all be playing it right now due to the graphics
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Re: .PRE Files 11 years 10 months ago #33391

Well, I did some research on the file and it's apparently a Lotus Freelance Graphics File, and I can't open that with PPT 2007 but with PPT97. I don't think I'll be opening these anytime soon unless I somehow install Windows 95.....lol

Re: .PRE Files 11 years 10 months ago #33392

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483

JBattista wrote: Well, I did some research on the file and it's apparently a Lotus Freelance Graphics File, and I can't open that with PPT 2007 but with PPT97. I don't think I'll be opening these anytime soon unless I somehow install Windows 95.....lol

Well in a general setting that may be what a .PRE file is, but for WoO it's totally different. It's just the extension they chose to lock the file down so no one could edit it, and it has nothing to do with powerpoint. If you could make a program that could open those files you'd probably see all the data inside to make the tracks/skins/cars for the game but I've talked to a lot of people and it doesn't seem to be possible at the moment :( If only we could get ahold of Ratbag former employees to help if they still had some stuff.

BTW Good to see you again
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Re: .PRE Files 11 years 10 months ago #33393

You're probably right. In the readme it says it's not recommended to edit game files, so I guess it's possible.....I don't know.....

lol good to see you too.

Last edit: by JBattista.

Re: .PRE Files 11 years 10 months ago #33394

• Eric 41
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 7
is there a place to download sprint cars 2002? on the internet or in this site? thanks

Re: .PRE Files 11 years 10 months ago #33396

Re: .PRE Files 11 years 10 months ago #33405

• Eric 41
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 7
thank you and i wont need a cd will i?

Re: .PRE Files 11 years 10 months ago #33413

You might need to get a no-cd patch here

m0001.gamecopyworld.com/games/pc_world_o...ng_2002.shtml#Sprint Car Racing 2002 v1.0 [ENGLISH] No-CD/Fixed EXE

• Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 259 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form