Saturday, April 20, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Off Topic
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Cheating.. 10 years 7 months ago #54343

• IMPACT
  • IMPACT's Avatar Topic Author
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 73
Why do racers cheat?

It’s how we are wired. Human nature. We try to get away with whatever we can get away with without being caught. In competition, this is exacerbated by the ‘win at all costs’ mentality. We feel like we have to cheat to because we know that our competition is cheating. If you are getting beat on the track, it has to be because everyone else is cheating because it can’t be that they are better drivers, right? If your competition is cheating, you will only race for so long before you feel that you must cheat too in order to compete. The biggest reason that racers cheat, though, is that winning feels good, and it’s easy to get addicted to that feeling.

Remember that rules are in place to improve competition, and there may even be a “catch all” rule put in place that addresses the “spirit of competition”. These “catch all” rules are instituted at the subject of the track’s discretion. Which means if you’re too fast on the track, you can be judged wrong without having broken any written rule. So even if there is no written rule, you can still be declared a cheater.
|^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|..LETS GO RACIN..| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._...________=|=||'_|__|.,] -
"(@)'(@)'"**|(@)(@)**** ''(@)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cheating.. 10 years 7 months ago #54345

My feelings right now on this subject is simple. If I'm getting beat on a track I've run 1000 laps on by 2/10s a lap no draft involved then next time I will just load up. It aint win at all costs for me, but I'd like to think every now and again I have a chance..albeit slim most tracks but a chance. I qualified a .52, but heard low 30s was hit alone. If you're that good there then I'm no competition..pretty soon most everyone else feels the same way, too and it aint a race if you race alone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VLR_Shock

Cheating.. 10 years 7 months ago #54346

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
How was Orso hitting low 30s with no draft on the bottom? And a .29 at least once?
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Cheating.. 10 years 7 months ago #54347

i dont know if they still do it but at my home track if you run 2/10 faster then the time you qual for they brought out the yellow and that driver was sent to the tail of the field it was called the breakout rule dontknow if its still used

Cheating.. 10 years 7 months ago #54348

• Eric41
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I'm the best
  • Thank you received: 64
please god, not this subject again...

Cheating.. 10 years 7 months ago #54349

• DeadBolt
  • Double Barrel Buckshot
  • Thank you received: 133
before we go callin out racers online and start another big ruckus

what is the original post in reference to?

online racing?
racing in general? (real life)
They say the dead don't rest without a marker of some kind.

Cheating.. 10 years 7 months ago #54350

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I'm not calling Orso a cheater, but he did pass me and then after he pulled away about four car lengths I remember hitting a .49 and he gained two tenths on me that lap with no one around him to draft. And I was hoping the interval was wrong or something but I could physically see him pull away a lot on that lap. And after the race it said he hit a .29.... There was a string of laps though where if the interval was displaying properly that he had to be hitting low to mid 30s

Cheating.. 10 years 7 months ago #54351

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

BLS_DeadBolt wrote: before we go callin out racers online and start another big ruckus

what is the original post in reference to?

online racing?
racing in general? (real life)

I think it's something copy/pasted from somewhere else. But there were some strange lap times and lines being ran last night.

Cheating.. 10 years 7 months ago #54352

VLR_Shock wrote: How was Orso hitting low 30s with no draft on the bottom? And a .29 at least once?

I hit a .29 when i bounced or got bounced off the wall .....I could hit a .37 alone. I was low .30's in draft. Trust me if I could run .29 alone i would have and I would have passed the guy running high .30's alone. I tried for 30 laps and i couldn't.

The rule of just judging someone too fast is quite possibly the dumbest rule i have ever heard of. Last time I checked it was a race with the sole purpose being to go faster than the next guy. Lets just turn damage on and last car running wins, enduro style.... or sit around and play checkers in the spirit of competition.

Cheating.. 10 years 7 months ago #54353

i hear ya shock i am just here to race and have fun meet few new peep, i dontcare if racers are faster then me i figer i just need more seat time if someone is cheating thats on them karma bits ya in the ass in the end, So gl to all the racers here

Cheating.. 10 years 7 months ago #54354

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

XCR Orso wrote:

VLR_Shock wrote: How was Orso hitting low 30s with no draft on the bottom? And a .29 at least once?

I hit a .29 when i bounced or got bounced off the wall .....I could hit a .37 alone. I was low .30's in draft. Trust me if I could run .29 alone i would have and I would have passed the guy running high .30's alone. I tried for 30 laps and i couldn't.

The rule of just judging someone too fast is quite possibly the dumbest rule i have ever heard of. Last time I checked it was a race with the sole purpose being to go faster than the next guy. Lets just turn damage on and last car running wins, enduro style.... or sit around and play checkers in the spirit of competition.

A .37 is still insane there in Gen 5s. And the interval must have been messed up then because it did show you gaining two tenths on me once when I hit a .49. And a couple times when I hit a .45 it still said you gained between .10 - .15 for several laps...so it had to be broken then.

Cheating.. 10 years 7 months ago #54355

VLR_Shock wrote: A .37 is still insane there in Gen 5s. And the interval must have been messed up then because it did show you gaining two tenths on me once when I hit a .49. And a couple times when I hit a .45 it still said you gained between .10 - .15 for several laps...so it had to be broken then.

The interval/scoring seems messed up now days at most tracks and you got to go extra lap after the checkers and all that.In the 1st race when i was 2nd it showed me 4th thru 7th most of the race and after the invert when i started 6th it showed me in 1st place the entire race even though I got no higher than 3rd.

Cheating.. 10 years 7 months ago #54356

• Gei$ler
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 221
anywhere in the 40s used to be fast there just look at the fast 10s on this site. I could hit 40s but only if i hit the top just right in 3 & 4.

Cheating.. 10 years 7 months ago #54361

• IMPACT
  • IMPACT's Avatar Topic Author
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 73
Guys take it as u will i was just smiply posting that cuz of what was said on vlr chat.. wasnt pointing fingers at anyone if you read my post..
|^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|..LETS GO RACIN..| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._...________=|=||'_|__|.,] -
"(@)'(@)'"**|(@)(@)**** ''(@)

Cheating.. 10 years 7 months ago #54362

• Gei$ler
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 221

VLR_IMPACT wrote: Guys take it as u will i was just smiply posting that cuz of what was said on vlr chat.. wasnt pointing fingers at anyone if you read my post..

well that person is unknown since they didnt log in when they said that, so I wouldnt be worried about that, just someone trying to start something.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anaffe10N

Cheating.. 10 years 7 months ago #54366

• DeadBolt
  • Double Barrel Buckshot
  • Thank you received: 133
i have a solution
turn that stupid chat thing off like i do
its useless to have a chat on a site that has a message board
They say the dead don't rest without a marker of some kind.

Cheating.. 10 years 7 months ago #54367

• BLS v6!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I want on tha PORCH!!!
  • Thank you received: 82

Gei$ler wrote: anywhere in the 40s used to be fast there just look at the fast 10s on this site. I could hit 40s but only if i hit the top just right in 3 & 4.

I am pretty sure the fastest lap that was drove there before was a .38 (I think) by Wheel, and that was after 50 laps and a TON of races there. The fastest we could hit in Q or in a 10 lap race was a .43 and that was on top in 3/4 and bottom 1/2. We found out that you could only hit high 40s on bottom. Now the regular version, you could fly on the bottom. As for cheating, I couldn't tell ya. We all know what we do, and we know how we do it. I get a huge relief knowing I can be faster and win using just my skillz :) If someone is cheating, it should make you feel great knowing they have to cheat to beat you, and they go back to the hauler knowing they didn't give their all, but half of it, always wondering, could I have done that without cheating. Maybe their is someway we can install a cheat file. SCE has done this and has caught multiple people using corrupted files that would have gone unnoticed if not for that file. GFL in all your endeavors!
"Shakespeare"
A Coward Dies a thousand deaths! A hero? Only one!
"Charles Woods"
It's Better to Die a Hero, than Live as a Coward!!!

Cheating.. 8 years 7 months ago #68016

I THINK BLS_JMAC CHEATS
The high-side hustling Ginger!

#TeamICE forever!

#2FASTMOTORSPORTS

Wins - 75***

Championships - 8

• Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 142 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form