Thursday, April 25, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

If I made a track making video... 10 years 11 months ago #50987

• F1yer
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • I fear no man,beast or evil, brother!
  • Thank you received: 364
next time use a leadfoot track to make a video! :sick:
Better eat them fuckin vitamins kiddies.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

If I made a track making video... 10 years 11 months ago #50988

• VLR_Shock
  • VLR_Shock's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
Why? I used a DTR1 track because it's easier for new guys to learn from. It's the same way we started but in the vi deo I did say that they should move up to making them from DTR2 tracks because you can do so much more but yeah that obviously wasn't on there. . .
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

If I made a track making video... 10 years 11 months ago #50989

I watched the first 10 minutes. I had no idea what was going on. I never fooled with editing at all, so I don't have a clue to start with. I appreciate the effort on your part.

I downloaded Rhino , but I wasn't sure if I need more programs.

For me, there is no step that is easy. Took me serveral years to figure out how to install tracks and diff chassis' on the game.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Col. Sanders

If I made a track making video... 10 years 11 months ago #50990

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Lp I explained all the programs and what they do in the first few minutes. of the video and I was gonna provide links to them. however since the audio didn't work right I'm gonna redirect the video again with working audio hopefully and then you should be able ti follow along a lot easier. but yeah I did explain why you need each program but obviously it didn't work right so in gonna redo it better.

If I made a track making video... 10 years 11 months ago #51002

I watched your video and was able to understand everything, the only thing I don't know is the shortcut keys for selecting the verts. I'll have to look around in rhino to find them, that has really been the only thing that has kept me from making tracks with rhino. I've mostly been doing skins over the past few years. lol

If I made a track making video... 10 years 11 months ago #51003

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
What do you mean for selecting them?

If you select some verts and need to select more while keeping the ones you have selected, just hold down the shift key and drag your mouse over the other verts yo uwant to add to the selection. If you accidentally select a vert you don't mean to, just hold down the CTRL button and drag the mouse over it and it should deselect. If that's not what you mean let me know.

If you mean the shortcut to make all the verts show up, just select the track which will highlight it yellow and press F10. Let me know if this helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mcclung

If I made a track making video... 10 years 11 months ago #51004

Thanks, that is what I needed to know, the key for having the verts show up. The others will help also, now I can have so fun messing with rhino. :woohoo:

If I made a track making video... 10 years 11 months ago #51005

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Sweet, yeah that's why I gotta redo the video because I explained all the buttons as clear as I could in it only for it to quit working :(. I could upload the audio only now but remember it will skip a lot but hopefully there is some valuable stuff still in it, but it's up to you. Either way I'm still gonna try to make the video this week or so and get the audio working. Mcclung, if you figure it out I'd love to see you release some tracks here on the site!

I'm assuming maybe you haven't read this tutorial for editing tracks in Rhino because it does explain the F10 thing. If not, here's a link to it and maybe it will make things easier for you in the process!

teamvlr.com/index.php/component/docman/d...rial.html?Itemid=121

Keep me updated on your progress please and look for a better tutorial at some point soon

If I made a track making video... 10 years 11 months ago #51006

np man just thought you might wanted to try it,just trying to be helpful
\,,/ -_- \,,/ If You Can't Run With The Big Dogs Then Stay On The Porch \,,/ -_- \,,/

If I made a track making video... 10 years 11 months ago #51009

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Yeah I appreciate it Viper. I'm gonna at least try to use Camtasia if I don't get the audio going on the other program next time I try it. Thanks!

If I made a track making video... 10 years 10 months ago #51055

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
First of all, thanks Viper for the Camtasia idea, it seems to have worked great! With that said, I have the first actual video with audio ready for everyone to watch. I haven't watched through it to make sure everything is good but every part in the video I clicked on seemed to work good with good audio. LET ME KNOW IF THIS HELPS YOU ANY AND EVEN POST SCREENSHOTS OF YOUR TRACK THAT YOU WORK ON! Also if you have any questions you'd like me to demonstrate in future videos please let me know. Please respond after you watch the video because I'd love to hear if this has helped anyone! Thanks.

I was glad to see all the interest and that's why I made the video so now I want to hear from people who followed the video and are attempting to make a track now so please don't let me down now. It's normal to make mistakes as you learn so don't worry if it doesn't turn out as perfect as you planned, that's what practice is for.

Hopefully people understand this video. If you have any questions please post in the VLR forum.

Here are the programs you need as per the video and where to download them.

Rhino3d (For editing the track):
st5.divshare.com/launch.php?f=7894748&s=b04

DE2 Editor (For exporting the track to Excel):
teamvlr.com/index.php/component/docman/d...itor.html?Itemid=121

TexDraw (For painting the textures inside your tracks textures folder):
teamvlr.com/index.php/component/docman/d...draw.html?Itemid=121

Excel Macros (For quickening the conversion of the .csv file to .raw for Rhino):
teamvlr.com/index.php/component/docman/d...cros.html?Itemid=121

OPTIONAL:
WORDPAD tutorial for Rhino. Very useful if you need to jog your memory on something and aren't sure where it was in the video. Also gives you an idea of where the macros go:

F1's Rhino Import Tutorial:
For people who don't have Microsoft Excel but have another spreadsheet program. Macros aren't needed for this tutorial:

If I made a track making video... 10 years 10 months ago #51059

I've been playing around with rhino. the only thing I haven't gotten yet is getting the it back into the de2 editor. I'm a little lost on how to get the track from rhino back to the de2 editor. I'm going to look into it later once I have a little more time. the first video you posted was really helpful. I haven't had a chance to watch the new one. I'm glad everything turned out for you in the new video. I have at least 3 or 4 tracks I plan to make. I started with the track you used in the video (frairmont) and I'm going to attempt to turn it into the new WVMS but I'm not sure if I'll have enough stuff around the track to make it right. I worked a little last night with working bloomington into a new I-77 track.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VLR_Shock

If I made a track making video... 10 years 10 months ago #51060

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

mcclung wrote: I've been playing around with rhino. the only thing I haven't gotten yet is getting the it back into the de2 editor. I'm a little lost on how to get the track from rhino back to the de2 editor. I'm going to look into it later once I have a little more time. the first video you posted was really helpful. I haven't had a chance to watch the new one. I'm glad everything turned out for you in the new video. I have at least 3 or 4 tracks I plan to make. I started with the track you used in the video (frairmont) and I'm going to attempt to turn it into the new WVMS but I'm not sure if I'll have enough stuff around the track to make it right. I worked a little last night with working bloomington into a new I-77 track.

Hey Mcclung, please watch the newest video asap! It will show you and tell you how to get it back into the de2 editor, so watch it when you get time. The other video stopped short because I realized it wasn't picking the audio up right but this one will lead you through from start to finish. I wish I had used a different track for the new video but I just grabbed one lol.

So please watch that and let me know if it works. I would recommend making real tracks from actual dtr2 tracks because they usually have enough objects. Bloomington is probably the easiest dtr2 track to edit so that's a good choice for I-77. Just keep messing around with it and let us know how it goes. I'll try to make the next video more advanced though.

Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 107 guests and one member online

• Hooversracing4h

Custom Code

Login Form