Friday, April 19, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

If I made a track making video... 10 years 11 months ago #50864

• F1yer
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • I fear no man,beast or evil, brother!
  • Thank you received: 364
Could you get Zack Galifianakis to co host the video with you?It would make it way more interesting and possibly Oscar worthy.
Better eat them fuckin vitamins kiddies.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

If I made a track making video... 10 years 11 months ago #50868

I will dig around some of my old discs and see if I have any of my tracks saved. I've went through a few crashes since dtr1. Will the videos cover any ai editing?

If I made a track making video... 10 years 11 months ago #50870

I actually looked at a track with de2 and tried to figure out what was what. no go, but excited about video. I still cant get dtr2 to work with win 8. the funny thing is the old lady comes out and says " oh wait everything is still installed on my comp." palm to forehead moment.

If I made a track making video... 10 years 11 months ago #50872

• VLR_Shock
  • VLR_Shock's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483

mcclung wrote: I will dig around some of my old discs and see if I have any of my tracks saved. I've went through a few crashes since dtr1. Will the videos cover any ai editing?

No, I suck at AI and never put enough effort in to really learn it. Sorry. BLS_Ray would be the man for that but I'm not sure if he has enough time to do one or not.
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

If I made a track making video... 10 years 11 months ago #50889

I WOULD CERTAINLY WATCH IT. i'D LOVE TO BE ABLE TO MAKE TRACKS.

If I made a track making video... 10 years 11 months ago #50897

• DRM
  • 4-cylinder
  • 4-cylinder
  • Thank you received: 0
I would be interested. I have tinkered with track files, but I just managed to make a banked track that was impossible to drive. I am sure that my next attempt would be better, but it would be really nice to see somebody else go through the process. We have a few tracks around Michigan that would be fun to duplicate too.

Thanks,
Dave

If I made a track making video... 10 years 10 months ago #50902

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I didn't get to do this this weekend because I had to babysit but I got the equipment now and will try to sometime this week or at least next weekend I'll try to start on it at worst. I'm glad and pleasantly surprised to see all the interest in it. I hope everyone is very serious about doing this though!

If I made a track making video... 10 years 10 months ago #50903

have first track in mind, just need to finnish what hoover started for me

If I made a track making video... 10 years 10 months ago #50904

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
For anyone who has Rhino and wants to mess around some with tracks, here are a few .3dm files that I already converted to Rhino that you can play with to see if you can do anything with them. Most of the tools we used to make tracks in Rhino is under the Transform tab. Here are the files, all the objects have been moved off to the side so you can just edit the track and then move the objects back later like haulers and such.

Let me know if these help any.

File Attachment:

File Name: Cleaned3dms.zip
File Size:1,249 KB
Attachments:

If I made a track making video... 10 years 10 months ago #50935

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Bump

If I made a track making video... 10 years 10 months ago #50950

i would try to make one.
rubins racein

If I made a track making video... 10 years 10 months ago #50953

i would give it a go if i had the programs. is there anyway do get them and where would i need to go

If I made a track making video... 10 years 10 months ago #50954

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I'm pretty mad because I just recorded a video for 40 minutes and the audio kept skipping so it's basically useless :/. I will put up the video for now though just so you guys can watch and follow along but I'll have to do another audio one later. Plus the video stops short of exporting the track back out of Rhino and into the de2 editor but it can at least get you started I hope and show you how to do some of the functions. I'll do the rest of the video later and also include audio. So watch this one and let me know if it helps for now though.

There's a lot of pauses in the video where I'm talking though and not clicking so hopefully you can overlook that.

I may actually have to put the video up tomorrow morning or late tonight but I just wanted to let you guys know that, really sucks :(. Now I gotta find a better way to get the audio.

If I made a track making video... 10 years 10 months ago #50958

just downloaded the cleaned track files, going to try and play around with them later. There is a couple of local tracks I plan to make so I'm going to be messing around with these a lot, thanks.

If I made a track making video... 10 years 10 months ago #50962

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Awesome Mcclung! Please post in here tonight or tomorrow if you're able to mess with those and if you figure anything out. I'd love to hear it. I'm still bummed that the audio on my file was messed up earlier, I talked for about 40 minutes too for nothing :(. Gonna have to try again when I get a chance but it may be this weekend. I should have the video uploaded tomorrow morningish

If I made a track making video... 10 years 10 months ago #50970

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Here's the video. Hopefully it will be help to some people even without the audio. Please keep in mind this definitely isn't the final because i have to redo it all again when I get time maybe this weekend. But I still think it may help some people just to watch this as a visual help to making a track. Let me know if it helps you and I'm sure when I have the video I want out that it will be a lot better but this will hopefully do until I get that done.

If I made a track making video... 10 years 10 months ago #50971

hey there my friend i just try to watch the video on vlr and was thinking this program im uploading on here will help with making that video.i use it occasionally and know it picks up audio great.it does what you have goin there plus it can record ya on webcam as well.it allows you to use a headset or desk top mic to record audio so here ya go my friend and best of luck creating those videos.am looking forward to watching them and learning more its called camtasia studio be on the look out for it
\,,/ -_- \,,/ If You Can't Run With The Big Dogs Then Stay On The Porch \,,/ -_- \,,/

If I made a track making video... 10 years 10 months ago #50972

Viper wrote: hey there my friend i just try to watch the video on vlr and was thinking this program im uploading on here will help with making that video.i use it occasionally and know it picks up audio great.it does what you have goin there plus it can record ya on webcam as well.it allows you to use a headset or desk top mic to record audio so here ya go my friend and best of luck creating those videos.am looking forward to watching them and learning more its called camtasia studio be on the look out for it

well tried to upload it but seemed like it didnt wanna upload.i guess if ya see me on line tomorrow just hit me up and ill ya it via yahoo
\,,/ -_- \,,/ If You Can't Run With The Big Dogs Then Stay On The Porch \,,/ -_- \,,/

If I made a track making video... 10 years 10 months ago #50973

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I've seen it before. I'm gonna try it again with mine soon because I'm thinking maybe the other program I used to begin with worked great but it just sounded weird because of my speakers or something. So we'll see. I like this one because of the HD quality, thanks Viper

If I made a track making video... 10 years 10 months ago #50984

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

VLR_Shock wrote: Here's the video. Hopefully it will be help to some people even without the audio. Please keep in mind this definitely isn't the final because i have to redo it all again when I get time maybe this weekend. But I still think it may help some people just to watch this as a visual help to making a track. Let me know if it helps you and I'm sure when I have the video I want out that it will be a lot better but this will hopefully do until I get that done.

Has anyone been able to make sense of the video yet without the audio? Be sure to watch in 1080p HD though so you can see everything clear

Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 215 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form