Tuesday, April 16, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

editing chaeasy rec file to fit odd shaped track 7 years 1 month ago #73369

Can a chareasy rec file be made to fit an odd shaped track
The following user(s) said Thank You: demonic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

editing chaeasy rec file to fit odd shaped track 7 years 1 month ago #73370

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
Probably...What track?
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

editing chaeasy rec file to fit odd shaped track 7 years 4 weeks ago #73393

• demonic
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • SOMETIMES A REAL DICK
  • Thank you received: 32
Got some of the powerslide ai too work :evil: And all leadfoot tracks

Last edit: by demonic.

editing chaeasy rec file to fit odd shaped track 7 years 4 weeks ago #73427

Thank you for responding. I was actually trying to find out if there was a proven process where as a track, [say shaped oddly with a right hand dog leg turn]could be made to run ai. i have edited my own tracks, but have always used standard DTR and DTR2 tracks as the basis for the game adapting DTR rec files and LT files to fit. This has worked well for the most part. if diviating from the standard tracks, it hasn't worked.

editing chaeasy rec file to fit odd shaped track 7 years 4 weeks ago #73428

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Do you care to post some of the tracks you've made on here?? Or all of them?? We'd love to have more new tracks and I could do the AI on some of them for you. I do the AI in Rhino3d.

editing chaeasy rec file to fit odd shaped track 7 years 3 weeks ago #73486

here is one of my tracks.
Attachments:

editing chaeasy rec file to fit odd shaped track 7 years 3 weeks ago #73487

another track
Attachments:

editing chaeasy rec file to fit odd shaped track 7 years 3 weeks ago #73488

sent this one before when you had a different server but its been improved since then.
Attachments:

editing chaeasy rec file to fit odd shaped track 7 years 3 weeks ago #73489

I am uploading these chassis files for 1970s mod class. that class is my first love for DTR2. my father raced these in the 50's-60's.some of the skins are based on the greats of the day. Hoag, Tasanaty, Snieder, Wismer, Shampine, Swift and more. my fathers car is #71.They are all well known to us older farts here in the northeast.
Attachments:

editing chaeasy rec file to fit odd shaped track 7 years 3 weeks ago #73490

here are my paint templates for 70s mods in 4x size [2048x2048] and in png platform. i reduce to 512x512 after im done and then convert to tga.
Attachments:

editing chaeasy rec file to fit odd shaped track 7 years 3 weeks ago #73491

here are some of my 70s mod skins in my game
Attachments:

editing chaeasy rec file to fit odd shaped track 7 years 3 weeks ago #73492

here is another track. a note of explanation about their names. the real track names as with Langhorne for example are not accurate in the track shape or look but only serve to enhance the game and honor those now defunct tracks.
Attachments:

editing chaeasy rec file to fit odd shaped track 7 years 3 weeks ago #73493

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Awesome, thanks man!!! I will check all of this out. Appreciate you posting them here!

editing chaeasy rec file to fit odd shaped track 7 years 3 weeks ago #73494

And lastly here are a set of my series for 70s mod. i realize if you want to use them you will have to heavly edit both track names and skins list. i put temp files in my game to platoon sets in and out quickly. thats what C_Temp22 numbers represent in the series. please not e the abilities in the series. that gives me a good competitive series.
Attachments:

editing chaeasy rec file to fit odd shaped track 7 years 3 weeks ago #73495

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Hey man I still hadn't looked at these just yet, but I am wondering how you edit your tracks and what not. Do you use the DE2 editor only, or do you use Rhino3d or something?

editing chaeasy rec file to fit odd shaped track 7 years 3 weeks ago #73499

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Dude these are all awesome! Great work on everything. Let me know what you use to make tracks. I just found two programs that will make it even easier and quicker probably. Just let me know. Thanks and great work, please post more on here!

editing chaeasy rec file to fit odd shaped track 7 years 3 weeks ago #73513

i use excel and paint for their seperate platforms[ de2 files and tex files edites], and convert with gimp 2.8 and when that doesnt do it i do them by hand.
i have a lot of time on my hands [retired].
heres another track.
I used dtr eldora's [dtr] lt and rec files and just moved everything around with excel for this one.
all my tracks are dtr2 tracks some using dtr lt and rec files. you dont get issues with painting skys or cars being put back at start after slamming wall doing this. also there are more objects to arrange on track and they are more realistic then dtr orig game tracks. note my tow trucks. why didnt original games have them? every track i ever been to has tow trucks.
i wouldnt be as into this game if you couldn't edit it honestly.
you can tell a track i truly edited. i favor raised infields and lately, 'painted crowds' not moving all those alp file objects.
Attachments:

editing chaeasy rec file to fit odd shaped track 7 years 3 weeks ago #73514

ok last track for awhile. this is a dtr2 eagle edit. as you can tell i also favor daytime tracks. too much darkness in orig game.
Attachments:

editing chaeasy rec file to fit odd shaped track 7 years 3 weeks ago #73515

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Wow! If you do all that with the de2 editor and Excel that's even more impressive. Now, I'm about to upload a NEW de2 editor and a version of Rhino 3d that can read direct from that de2 editor without having to do everything in Excel. With this, you can move entire objects and resize reshape or rebank an entire track in one click. One thing though, PLEASE tell me you will try this and learn it. You will literally save WEEKS AND MONTHS of time on a track. I can make an entire unique track in one day like this. I also know of easier ways to edit ALP as well to save time, but we can get into that later.

I know you're probably stubborn and don't want to learn a new program after doing it the same way for years, but I beg you to give it a try and if you need any help just let me know.

When you open a 3ds file (which is what the new de2 editor exports to) in Rhino, just press F10 to turn on editing points and then you can move points around freely.

If you want to edit the track surface without worrying about the other objects in your way, after pressing F10, select a point on the actual track surface and go up to the menu in Rhino and go to Edit>Select Control Points>Connected and click that. Then keep right clicking and it will keep selecting them until the entire track surface and ground around it is selected.

Then go to Edit>Select>Invert and it will invert the selection. Then you can just drag all of those objects off to the side out of the way and can reshape or size the track however you want, and then just move the objects you want back in one by one. It's really simpler than it sounds.

Watch this video for more tips on how to make tracks in Rhino. Note that most of the first video of how to get the track into Rhino is no longer needed since we have this super quick way now using the new de2 editor, so you can ignore that. But the video will show you how easy it is to move things. Here is the link:

teamvlr.com/index.php/en/forum/help-and-...-are-here.html#51487

editing chaeasy rec file to fit odd shaped track 7 years 3 weeks ago #73516

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Posted Rhino + new DE2 Editor in the downloads! Get it here, has instructions on how to get started:

teamvlr.com/index.php/en/community-menu/...de2-editor/file.html

• Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 93 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form