Wednesday, April 24, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

having troubles looking for help 13 years 5 months ago #2348

trying to add some different cars and skins but everytime I do I get an error message. for the skins I get registry restore error reading file 'data\skins\2010skins\skin,str:' failed to open, also same message for skins kid rocket, late model, mod1, mod2, and wfotnl. I have also tried to install the wfo thunder and lightning and everytime I do and then star the game is pulls up the play dtr2 screen, when I click on the start the game does not start until I remove the the wfo thunder and lightning from the data folder. I have tried to put it in the chassis folder and the cars folder but i does the same thing. I also have tried to add the imca mods v2-7 but this does nothing. I have also tried the nsdra-05-lm and get the same error message as the skins message above. I have to remove all the skins, chassis and cars that give errors befor game will start. I run windows7. any help is greatly appreciated. :unsure: :unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: having troubles looking for help 13 years 5 months ago #2352

• Jammin
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • Mess with the bull get the horns
  • Thank you received: 7
i would say ur not putting them in right go read the tutorial how to install everything see if that helps you out it will sum it up better then i will
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Re: having troubles looking for help 13 years 5 months ago #2353

I would say you have tried to place a DTR1 skin and chassis into your game. The problem with the older games is that it has differences to DTR2 being the texture file. They don't require a 256kb after the name or the 576kb. But.... In the str file of your skin, the file could also be incorrect especially if the car chassis has come in as 6kb or 7kb size DE2. Check those out too, but check first to see which ones you put in last to your game and work backwards to find the culprit. If it is the str in the skin, swap it for a DTR2 one and you should be good to go.
Let us know.

Re: having troubles looking for help 13 years 5 months ago #2357

• yenko2
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • 815-545-1306
  • Thank you received: 0
ok, what you probably are doing is putting zipped or compressed files into your cars/skins file .. You need to download these to your desktop then open the zipped/compressed file and then drag the open file into your game file in the proper place chassis/cars skin/skins track/track etc.. make sure you have a skin for each chassis for it to show up in the game...I know the IMCA Mods are packaged with chassis and skins together so you might have to open them twice to seperate the skin and chassis files..Hope this helps you out.If your still having problems just post what they are and I'll do my best to help ya out..Yenko2
Attachments:

Re: having troubles looking for help 13 years 5 months ago #2362

you guys are the best, I had to open the file and put each individual skin on my desktop and then put them in the skins file. now the wfo tnl cars are there and work great, will try this with the mods and other cars and skins, again THANK YOU!!!! :woohoo:

Re: having troubles looking for help 13 years 5 months ago #2366

• yenko2
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • 815-545-1306
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks and no problem as we all have had to go through this sometime or another at the beginning.. feel free to ask for any help as its the best way to learn.. yenko2
Attachments:

• Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.324 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 45 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form