March 12, 2019 (ROSSBURG, OH) – Alex Bergeron dominated the night en route to his first win of the season at VLR on Tuesday night at the famed Eldora Speedway in the South Texas Speedway Winter Super LM Series.
Bergeron’s dominating victory was the last piece of the puzzle on a night where he sweptthe racing action by winning the pole, his heat race, and then the 60 lap main event.
The closest driver to Bergeron for much of the race was new points leader Dylonn Fox, but the Wisconsin driver was rarely within one second of the Canadian driver on a track that became high side dominant early on.
Bergeron was followed to the finish by a distant Fox, with Dirty Grass Soul Hard-Charger award winner Dylan Houser taking home third after starting 16th.
– Alex Bergeron set fast time in qualifying with a blistering 15.925 second lap, becoming the only driver to enter the 15 second bracket. Shane James and Howard Weaver rounded out the top three in qualifying.
– Heat Winners were Bergeron, Jeremy Capron, Weaver, and Fox.
– The C Main was won by Chase Cabre, while the B Main was taken by Shad Prescott.
– Bergeron earned fast lap honors in the A Main by turning a 16.02 second lap on lap 5.
– Five Hanover Wrecker Service caution flags slowed the pace of the 60 lap main event, with the last 20 or so laps going caution free.
– Dylan Houser grabbed the Dirty Grass Soul Hard Charger award after rallying from 14th to finish on the podium in third.
– The strength of field for the race was 4574.
Unofficial A Main Results (start position in parenthesis):
1. Alex Bergeron
2. Dylonn Fox
3. Dylan Houser
4. Howard Weaver
5. Kendal Tucker
6. Jeremy Capron
7. Virgil Graham
8. Adam Elby
9. Shad Prescott
10. James Edens
11. TJ Carter
12. Schyler Brown
13. Shane James
14. JD Brown
15. Blake Brown
16. Garrett Niebruegge
17. Cole Harvey
18. Darren Litteral
19. DJ Kilanowski
20. Leo Pina
21. Ryan Martin
22. Chase Cabre
23. Zach Leonhardi
24. Hayden Cardwell