Tuesday, April 16, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tracks For 2021 3 years 2 months ago #74561

• Paul D kiwi
  • Paul D kiwi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
  • Thank you received: 30
Yeah it may be the only way to do this but.., we do need new tracks or revamped ones to be as true as we can get them to the real track.... I don't blame editors for not seeing all the details where as I'm suggesting if it's okay with you to add extra changes to textures and Alpha.

Arizona Speedway made by Shock in 2017... A great edit but the track appears to be more rustic from photos I have seen and with stone block walls except for a small Armco on front straight so after sorting the A1 (touch wood) it's a track we surely need to take another look at it. It's really up to you but I have seen more recent pics which does explain the differences from Shock's edit only cosmetically (small only). I still will need to sort the ground around stands. They aren't quite at the high angle needed either but I'm not worried about that. I have gone for the things that say this is (Arizona Speedway) the one (I hope)... Some pics of real track as well (not sure of date) as a couple I've taken this morning from my game track by all means comment. And thank you Shock for giving us the original track.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Paul D kiwi.

Tracks For 2021 3 years 2 months ago #74563

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
I know that a few of you appear to be interested in this track. Maybe a tad curious. I am going well on it and may finish it tonight as promised. Okay/.., it's 7pm here in New Zealand.., but all is not lost, no.....
Here's another couple of pics I just took to update you all, for those that are checking in each and every day, and still I am not sure whether to redo the outer walls again for the umpteenth time but hey.., it's supposed to look like the track and seriously..., this is a dirt track on the outskirts of Phoenix in pretty much the desert, so I wanted it to represent that. Deserves Palms but hey.., already done... No Palms. Not sure if I should put a bit of tussock or those rolling tumble weeds. Any questions on this track or issues you had and still have that you feel needs addressing then post in here and let us know and I will try and sort it, but I'm certain Shock would have sketched this from Google Earth or something to make it accurate as one can possibly make it and as I said the cosmetic changes come in the form of a tower, Silos and I have shifted some of the signage closer together down on turn 3 so be patient with me. This draft will probably end my night if I should go on.

You'll notice I have altered the Fence colour and Flagstand too to depict the desert track of Arizona Speedway.
Attachments:

Tracks For 2021 3 years 2 months ago #74564

• demonic
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • SOMETIMES A REAL DICK
  • Thank you received: 32
Nice looks great
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul D kiwi

Last edit: by demonic.

Tracks For 2021 3 years 2 months ago #74565

looks good ill def be adding it to my big racing files lol

Tracks For 2021 3 years 2 months ago #74566

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Very nice to hear Darren thank you... Making it appear as a desert track has taken it's toll and as usual I always overdo things but it wouldn't be me me would it? Couple of days ago I had a mishap and couldn't sit for any length of time (hip out) so I was halfway through doing the Alpha Bushrows and I forgot where things were when I came back to it. So sorry for delay and today will be the day touch wood. I just need to tidy up some of the ground like the Utes are a bit down in the sand and in turn 4 looking out the ground is gappy. Done under the stands... Have sorted atleast half the advert boards in turn 3 but still need to sort out some ads on back straight but so hard to get any decent pics of... Might wing it.... I have removed all the junk stuff out of texture folder that did nothing (from other edits) and that has been reduced significantly to place on PC without it bogging it down. I have then made up for the space by boosting the bushes and also I have added a distant desert hills showing also a bit of outskirts of Phoenix lights.

Heres a couple more pics to show more of progress.

Try to get it uploaded by end of today.
Attachments:

Tracks For 2021 3 years 2 months ago #74567

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Arizona Speedway 1/3 mile 12 degree banking clay surface (real track) was made by Shock 2017 A1 fix by me.

File Attachment:

File Name: usAZArizona.zip
File Size:3,949 KB

Please enjoy and do let us know what you think.... I've had the time to look at the real track through pics videos and feel that this is about as close as you can get.... We wouldn't have had this track if it wasn't for Shocks efforts, thank you bud.
Attachments:

Tracks For 2021 3 years 2 months ago #74569

• demonic
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • SOMETIMES A REAL DICK
Looks and plays ausome

Last edit: by demonic.

Tracks For 2021 3 years 2 months ago #74575

wow Paul hats off for great track and shock for original make ai is good but i made stronger haha love all new tracks guys havent been playing much been lots going on and iv been playing a firefighting game to :)

Tracks For 2021 3 years 2 months ago #74576

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Thanks Darren.. couldn't answer late last night as it was too late to.... The str I didn't change so sorry about that. It is a wee bit slow so good on ya for fixing it yourself. I am taking a bit of a break right at this minute to try and do something completely different so as not to strain my Joints and forcing more pain killing. Did enjoy the racing at the 240 World Championship final night at Paradise Raceway last week but what a stuff up for the disabled as they have built a brand new stand just for them and couldn't work out how to put in a ramp for peps on ride on's. I went on a stick but felt every agonizing step up slight hill passed ticket box plus a queu can you belive it..., and after that then got around up over small hill and then a great climb up concrete steps which weren't clean of gravel with a steep step so only went to first row of seats but had to squeeze along about first 8 seats. Shocking with around 10,000 crowd as we were forced to squeeze up but good for the club aye. No British drivers came due to immigration rules so they did live broadcast Frankie Wainman Jnr the in stands in old Odsall stands in Bradford England (Yorkshire) showing him speak up on a giant screen showing right next to us but the sound was useless as always in turns 1 ans 2 but that was nice to see..... They raced the Superstocks that hit at will (Contact class). Couple of rollovers so not bad entertainment but a 5 and a half hour sit for me, too long plus 35 bucks entry could be done a whole lot better if clubs got some common sense and especially some empathy shame...!!!. Maybe go to Baypark Speedway next time and catch a mouth full of red dust and new hairdo.

That's my piece.

Glad that Arizona is visually good enough..although I did over do that background of hills a wee bit haha.

Not great quality footage and it was from the first night not Finals.

Tracks For 2021 2 years 9 months ago #74599

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Hope all are enjoying my Brisbane International track. Thought I would continue this thread as it was sitting awfully lonely down the pile.... Yeah I really need to get that Hanley chassis done too.., such an easy fix....

Anyhow.... This next track will be Illinois' Belle Clair Speedway. I have tried to complete sometime ago but came up against a difficult part of the edit but..., I have solved it the hard way and shall continue on until finished. Some pics to get you all anxious.

Attachments:

Tracks For 2021 2 years 9 months ago #74600

• demonic
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • SOMETIMES A REAL DICK
LooK great so far

Tracks For 2021 2 years 9 months ago #74601

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Thankyou Demonic.... So far, well.... You may be right but..., I am sticking with it at present so here is a pic of turns 3 and 4. I have this track back to front sadly so might take someone like you Demonic to alter it but I will attempt to change it. I managed it in my Rotorua track and was successful. Here it is so far. It's getting closer. Trees done fence well....

The houses aren't showing up as well as I hoped but they are there. Some more buildings to add like Concessions stand etc near carpark. Will need to tidy up posts on stadium on front str which at present is back straight not front and may remain so. Try to get this out in next few days.
Attachments:

Tracks For 2021 2 years 9 months ago #74602

looks good paul. tested other track wow fun fun sorry been busy so havent been on much

Tracks For 2021 2 years 9 months ago #74603

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
That's cool Darren, neither have I....

Sorry for not being at it but first let me say a great big shout out to my Therapist.., Evan, thank you bud, for getting me this far.... I am fighting back the pain to bring you yes, another fun track..., and it will be.. Berm's the lot..!!!!

Just been working the one area the last couple of days. Crowds I hate doing but I am getting it done. Placed some handrails which was a whole lot easier. Still have the other side to do and a clean up of the Poles maybe in the next posting.

It's not perfect the Alpha as it does want to fade when rounding corner. Will try another texture. Some more rails to go in middle of stand on back stretch. The bottom pic is taken from Google Maps Street View. Closest you can get to Speedway track. It is showing if I am right, and please someone, correct me if I'm wrong.., but it is looking across from the back straight stand to the front straight and it's stand.

P.S. Darren so glad you found Brisbane track so much fun. Good one. Can't wait to see what you're working on... new tracks, I mean.

PMS... Just sorted the Alpha somewhat and am pleased with at least how it looks.

Attachments:

Tracks For 2021 2 years 9 months ago #74604

• demonic
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • SOMETIMES A REAL DICK
Looks awesome can't wait to try

Tracks For 2021 2 years 9 months ago #74605

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
I really want to get DTR2 working online in WIndows 10 so that I could hopefully do another series in it and start making more tracks again
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Tracks For 2021 2 years 8 months ago #74606

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
would be good Shock, playing this game for another 10 years or more, but the added Online option adds even more attraction for most I'm sure..., along with you track making again..... Speaking of which...

Update... Sorry but have been laid up. I did manage some work late this week and I did some good work. The Flagstand in the inner ground requires lots of concentrating..,plus covering this with an Alpha plate (Dirt) which I think improves it. You will notice the front str stand needs more work on posts but I intend to tidy this up with Alpha so still some effort to go. I have closed off front str pit entrances as best I can. The inner walls cutouts done but no tires each end sorry. Still some Peps to seat on frnt str but all bleachers are now done. I'm not an expert...!!!! Really hope this track will be complete in the next few days or so. Heres some pics.

I still have the Pit exit on turn 2 to sort plus fencing barrier there. Keep checking back.
Attachments:

Tracks For 2021 2 years 8 months ago #74607

looks great paul ganna be a fun little place race at

Tracks For 2021 2 years 8 months ago #74611

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
I actually finally did get it to work online a couple days ago!!! I just want to find an easier way so it's just a "plug and play" type deal. But I'm excited so far. If I can get it going I'd like to start an onlin series again and yes, make tracks. In fact I'm thinkin about trying to make another track now anyway
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Tracks For 2021 2 years 8 months ago #74612

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Wow, that's awesome...!!!! Be nice to get into the groove properly knowing that there still is a future in this game, although I'm struggling as you can tell. I'm unable to sit for any long period of time due to the Lower back problems but with Hydro Therapy might get there... You don't want to read my woes and tripe..., but a plug in play not too sure what that means but does sound like you have got this in hand and seeing a new track from Shock.., wow....!!!! Can't wait. Otherwise you'll all need to sit for longer to wait for my tracks.

For all concerned I will finish this track, (Belle Clair Speedway. IL) poss this week..., and there wil be more from me as time goes by..., I hope!!! Only have front str crowd to finish settling , not a biggy and.., the Poles will need an Alpha cover..., and she's done... Done a representative piece for the Pit exit in turn 2 not fab as I'm dealing with a tricky track sorry... and yes I have swapped out the back str for the front str and put in an Alpha Start line there and squeezed the other one to oblivion. Have also changed the concrete front and back straights too as I felt it blended too much into the woodwork.... Anyway... This track should feel like a really nice little track..hoping... Progress for last the week gone.
Attachments:

• Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.538 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 49 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form