Friday, March 29, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tracks 2019 4 years 6 months ago #74116

• Paul D kiwi
  • Paul D kiwi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
  • Thank you received: 30
First one up is a track that has not has not been touched since 2011 made by VLR Shock a very colourful track.

Lernerville Speedway PA base DTR-SC Lernerville has had the track changed by me as the A1 was too wide on Shock's version. I am not certain if a better version was made since 2011 but I have updated this great track and confusing as some pictures make the track appear flatter so please forgive me but I felt the dishing of the track on turns 3 and 4 felt great. The grip feels fine and with the trck being changed to a shorter version as a result the cars keep close in the turns the angle of track would be at a guess 20 degrees. I have tried to improve the audience the adverts I have left as also the Terrains which I loved. The last being the driest terrain does seem a bit strange with it appearing to be wet. check out pics 1 and 3. I have added the trees to represent the real location and I have lifted the background in the De2 to show the amazing background Shock gave us.

Sadly I couldn't dip the front straight and I know I should have reset turns 1 and 2 with a bit more banking but you should enjoy the feel of the track I hope..... Please comment and enjoy while you can.

File Attachment:

File Name: usPALernerville.zip
File Size:2,833 KB

P.S. the next track I hope will be Mercer Raceway Park. Keep checking back.

N.B. I'll give you the pics... you give me the clicks....
The following user(s) said Thank You: J-MAC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Tracks 2019 4 years 6 months ago #74124

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
As promised...

Mercer Raceway Park is a 3/8 mile 'd' oval with little banking and clay surface. This track was originally a DTR-SC Lernerville base as the previous track. It was walled fuilly by Jason Ray being his Massilon track of 2003. The real track is found in Pennsylvania and now is called Michaels Mercer Raceway but I have chosen to keep the lovely yellow logo sign which you will find on the back straight. I hope this is everything those who have raced this track in real life like what I have to offer as MRP has not been ofered since the early days around 2001-2003. I cannot find any others and I don't think the original edit was based on Lernerville. I have re-textured in some areas not all of the adverts which I have left in and trees I have added along with traffic lights.

Please enjoy and comment would be appreciated.

File Attachment:

File Name: usPAMercerPark.zip
File Size:3,091 KB

Tracks 2019 4 years 5 months ago #74156

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Just to let you know I do have a new track nearly done..... It's one I've been dying to have in my own game and hope you do too.... Got a quick pic to water your appetite....

Attachments:

Tracks 2019 4 years 5 months ago #74174

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Not many months left in 2019....
Sorry I have been laid up for a bit but never totally down famous last words...

Update of Thunder Bowl Raceway Tulare CA....
You'll be pleased that I have concentrated all efforts on this exciting track and hope you will find it just that.. Some more bits to tidy but bulk of editing and Alpha is pretty much done. Here's a couple of pics to keep you all interested. Hoping tomorrow...

As you can tell textures added to stadium and lighting the big one added. Back straight is close enough I feel. Comments welcome.

Just to prove I have taken every care to replicate...

Attachments:

Tracks 2019 4 years 4 months ago #74175

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Completed...!!!

ThunderBowl Raceway CA base dtr2 jefferson (Yep a dtr2 track believe it or not) made from Jammin's wonderful track edit Morristown Nov 2010 deserves to have been in the Classic tracks thread but a wee bit too young I felt but deserved a compliment. Thank you Jammin for this track.

File Attachment:

File Name: usCAThunderbowl.zip
File Size:3,285 KB

Enjoy and please comment especially if you have raced at the real ThunderBowl track, IO do hope I have done enough to get it right.
Attachments:

Tracks 2019 4 years 4 months ago #74176

great track Paul fun fun fun. Im still around just been busy with other things hopping get some time make few things soon we see but i like track ty for everthing

Tracks 2019 4 years 4 months ago #74177

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Thanks Darren... Much appreciated as you yourself know the efforts that do go into these things especially the study of a racetrack and that's what I am endeavering to acheive with each one I do or at least I hope everyone is seeing them that way because not only does it need to be a fun track to race but actually feel like you're there. Just looking at the videos on that track yeah it does appear as being a fun little track anyway although for mostly Sprint-cars.. but we need those tracks too. LM's are raced at the track just not so much a bit like our own track here in Rotorua 'Paradise Raceway' 1 meeting a year for Supers which sucks...!!!! . Shall keep trying to improve as many of the good tracks as I can humanly possible and keep them honest. Haven't thought about the next one. Classics are so much easier to pump out but takes hours of searching old Discs and then fixing them. I do have a classic Nascar track almost ready but doesn't fit in this thread but hey..,it's yes, another Californian track...!!!.

Tracks 2019 4 years 4 months ago #74178

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
I'm still around, you're doing great work Paul!
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Tracks 2019 4 years 3 months ago #74255

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Thank you Shock. It is nice to see so many in the Forum at present whether it is the Season or the Snow over your side of the World.

Santa Barbara CA
.... My last track for 2019 and I am trying hard to get it sorted and out to all. You will recognize it if you have been around DTR2 since 2013 and I am not going to tell you unless you have been reading the other Blogs of mine here on VLR (Threads). Giving you a couple of pics as I am sizing the A1 and no I can't edit the A1 but can swap it out for another of a much closer fit once I have the track clear of debris. Shame to take down the wall. I am working with Tri-City 2017 A1 to give you the size of venue...it is a nice enough fit but will have to deal with shifting the track even at the Nth end (trns 3 and 4) and also the end wall down in Pit Gate I may just shift it back and see how everything looks but the track is what it is... a fantastic track to have in one's collection. Have dropped all the signs and will give it my all now that I have fixed that dang Hub Of Valley over there in the Classics.

Some work to do still. But if I don't make by the first I'm trying to guarantee it to you by your 31st 2019. Not promising anything but we all would I'm sure like a decent Oval inside of an open Grandstand arena that is different to Leadfoots.... but you never know.....
Attachments:

Last edit: by Paul D kiwi.

Tracks 2019 4 years 3 months ago #74256

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
It's coming along already with a hard night of moving the wall and just the fence to move back if it's possible.

Nth end of track turns 3 and 4 needs pulling back a bit sorry but will get that done tomorrow sometime.

Meaning with the fence I would love to keep it but has to move 100 nm's back (sth).
Keep checking back.

30th Dec 2019.... Pit gate is done. fence removed and shunted back and I have widened the Back str slightly only for the good A1 that was nearly fitting to fail so a big let down but the A1 is now not from Tr-City 2017 not sure where it came from but is slightly smaller and will have to do as this track has never raced in DTR2 except Online. Just need to shorten the pole line on 3 and 4 and then bring in the outer walls as well as neaten back up the turns 1 and 2 pole line by moving that back toward pit lane. I messed around with allowing traffic into Pit lane but the odd car slid into the gap in the space it left clear after dropping deft wall so have altered it back to near orig, I might just make it with this track but I have visitors (my Brother and Sister In-law and my Niece coming tomorrow so who knows... Updated pic....

Attachments:

Tracks 2019 4 years 2 months ago #74258

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Signing off for 2019.... Catch you all in 2020...
Santa Barbara will be posted in here Track 2019 regardless with it being slightly delayed anticipate that I will be able to fix this track once and for all..., when I find the patience to shift all the corners of turns 3 and 4. I am tired and in need of a rest. It's not easy shifting everything by hand in De2 not a DTR2 track, they are horrid to work on unless you pick an easy one like Husets the Poly's are a handful sorry..I do wish I had the space for Rhino but happy that I can compute still...

Happy New Year to you all and enjoy your families while you can.

Tracks 2019 4 years 2 months ago #74277

• BLS_BW43
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 220
I'll be grabbing these efforts up to test out now that I rid myself of a 7day a week work schedule.

Thanks for your works to ALL editors of content for this game .

Tracks 2019 4 years 2 months ago #74279

hey bw good to see ur still around ur ganna love the tracks they have been doing pauls did good job on them for what i have got to run so far

Tracks 2019 4 years 2 months ago #74283

• BLS_BW43
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
I'm here to be a test monkey again for till spring , my contribution to the editing world

Tracks 2019 4 years 2 months ago #74286

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
Well good news guys, BMS Ray Balch has started making tracks again as well. I gotta figure out how to fix or create a new website though that way you guys can upload all these tracks to it and have a better forum experience as well. He's already made some crazy tracks in the past couple months but no way to post them here lol.
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Tracks 2019 4 years 2 months ago #74288

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
  • Thank you received: 296
If you go crazy enough in doing that, maybe we can start having races again. :woohoo:
A main wins: 151*'

B main wins: 50

C main wins: 5

D main wins: 1

Dash wins: 133

Heat race wins: 339***

Championships: 15*

Tracks 2019 4 years 2 months ago #74292

• BLS_BW43
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
Man that would be good , i thought this site was all gone... i thought i lost my massive amount of stuff for this game too but managed to get my pc to work long enough to save it all off to a flash drive before it finally crapped .

Funny thing is my 10+ year old Driving Force GT wheel and the included shitty plastic pedals have outlasted 2 pc s.

Sorry to hi jack your thread Paul but any excitement in here would be considered a good thing.

Tracks 2019 4 years 2 months ago #74293

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
No43 thank you for livening the place up.... That's quite a compliment you paid a few posts ago. It is hard to keep going editing and all that... but.... I will get back to it and really hope that Ray and possibly Shock does come back because we miss them heaps (F1 and Jammin not forgotten) but we do have Darren and Demonic so we may survive passed the 20th anniversary of dtr2...!!!!!. Ray didn't deserve all the pushy, negative stuff he got and I know how it feels when you try so hard to please... but there is something in being driven too hard so hey..... I learn't a bit about track making as well as CARS!!!!

This thread is almost dead anyway so glad you hijacked it a bit as I came up against a big wall shifting terrains on the Candyland track. I may try and take more pain killers or...instead switch the LT around and move the start line if it's possible and see if the cars clear both sides of grounds otherwise.... So many would love this track I'm sure and can be put back to original look if it did happen..... You can tell I'm not well.... But I do hope that I will once again sit long enough to more than just write a lot of dribble. I might put up some more classics.. just spend the time going through all my discs that I missed.

Good to have you coming in here BW

Tracks 2019 4 years 2 months ago #74294

• BLS_BW43
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
Just grabbed these again , fkn lost em from the other day , but i did a few laps on them. I'm a fan of the choppy one there especially :woohoo: i like a track with plenty of character.

I don't forsee not playing this game , it came along for me in 09 about the time my money and ambition to race something ended and you can play offline on most anything old you can piece together for equipment.

Luckily I got to test a lot of F1,Jammin , Shock, Ray , Hoov. and others tracks, things got pretty good long about then especially once the radius fix ,multi groove deal came along . Ray started giving us online and offline versions he would use for his series , man he was crankin em out there for a while.

The Midnight Madness took testing to the next level , Shock was able to win a madness race and 20 min later have a track made to run the next night .

I was also fortunate to have tested a lot of great vehicles by F1 , Brian and others.

Was all good times looking back you don't always go away happy after a race , made many friends and memories here during struggling times.

Will be looking forward to Candyland , Hope your health improves Paul !

Kind Regards , BW

• Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.533 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 281 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form