Friday, April 19, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

NASCAR Tracks V1 4 years 9 months ago #73997

• Paul D kiwi
  • Paul D kiwi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
  • Thank you received: 30
First Track for those who want to make up a Nascar or a Whelen Series.

This track might only be hours away so keep popping back. (I know what ya'll thinkin') but here's a pic to water your apetite.

Huntsville Speedway AL
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hooversracing4h

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Paul D kiwi.

NASCAR Tracks V1 4 years 9 months ago #74000

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Sorry folks for the delay but life pulls me back occasionally. Huntsville AL is moving along and a special thought to all that may be in this area due to the Hurricane (Barry?) hope you all are safe and sound. I started desiring for all to have this track as the Hurricane arrived no intention to upload the track just because of this huge event as I had already begun fixing the track for Download but please accept that we here in NZ have heard about the Hurricane only yesterday and thinking of you all.
Here are some updated pics of what I am trying to make for all especially those that attend Huntsville Speedway what a great fast little track you have and so glad that I already had it as my fav track in my Nascar series but have looked deeper into it and have chosen to do much more. Be patient with me.

I'm fixing the back straight with higher walls and Ads etc.. It's a lot of work Editing but this track has me fixated just like Bremerton did.
Attachments:

NASCAR Tracks V1 4 years 9 months ago #74002

looks great paul

NASCAR Tracks V1 4 years 9 months ago #74008

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Thanks Darren. I sure hope so. Just needin a bit of time to sort the old head out. Too much happenin and need to take a deep breath. It will get finished and by the way glad to hear that Alabama (Biloxi) came out okay from that Hurricane. Still sitting near New Orleans huh.

NASCAR Tracks V1 4 years 8 months ago #74019

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
This is for all those keen racers in Huntsville Alabama. Says that the track is a 1/2 mile but seems a bit short for that but with the base being just that then it appears right. Base is from the same base track pm07 edited into Tri-City Dtr2. Some of the Alpha shows through in places sadly I have tried. Sorry I didn't build the tower to suit real track but does kind of look the part. Download the Wow's Team track and see the difference. The A1 not sure if this is keen enough for top competition but due to the Grip for the Asphalt I have tried to beef it up. Please let us know if it's too keen or not keen enough. The back straight is as close as I can get it. The scoreboard threw me but hey, at least it's a close representation. Changed the sky at last minute and to make the weekend end right for you all here it is.

Enjoy.

File Attachment:

File Name: usALHuntsville.zip
File Size:2,686 KB
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hooversracing4h

NASCAR Tracks V1 4 years 8 months ago #74020

great track looks nice handles pretty good as top or dirt hehe

NASCAR Tracks V1 4 years 8 months ago #74021

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Glad it's working good the grip that is. Suppose to feel like asphalt but it's something I'm no expert at. There may be issues in back straight too with black flag but the pm07 track is a bit touchy not one only can try to sort but never mind just stay out of the middle section (The Pits) and things should be fine. I have crossed up and over the front straight wall and no issue. Just glad I finished it so now will be sorting out Bristol but I will have to put out an Offroad track first and then a dirt track oval prob Farmer City we'll wait and see.. I might get eager or fustrated and sort out Belle Clair.

NASCAR Tracks V1 4 years 7 months ago #74096

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Okay this track really is DSR Spedpark by Onlineracing. Made way in October 2000, wow..!! No not the sim racing outfiot WOW Team. This is just before they got established. I do know that Shock you were flashing this about and I appllogise for not doing much of anything to it. They had done a great job and deserves to be in the Classics but I changed it to Salem IND.

Here's a pic. Nothing has been changed I'm pretty sure as I have had this track since I first downloaded it. Credit only for Onlineracing in the STR file.

Looks great don't it, one of my fav's. The grip I have toyed with so sorry I must get better at it.
Salem is based on DTR-SC Santamaria.

File Attachment:

File Name: usINSalem.zip
File Size:1,800 KB
Attachments:

NASCAR Tracks V1 4 years 5 months ago #74179

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Greetings from Rotorua... To you especially Shock so nice to know you are still about as I felt you always were so thank you for the appreciation but I say thank you for allowing this (DTR2) to continue on.... We are all so lucky to have a site which we can visit and I will do my utmost to keep everyone coming in.

The next Nascar track is a strange one in that it has been defunct since 1995-96 season in Santa Clarita CA one of the flattest tracks raced on in the USA so I felt we needed to have this in our game. There are many more much more famous I know but I just loved the look of this track. 1/3 mile and have tried to pick the right track for it without the use of Google Sketch etc please forgive me but it is close I fee to the real track used mainly for Markets on a weekend so still exists but the stands have been pulled down. You can still see the fig8 track in centre of main track so I might just do a fig 8 circuit to boot but the trucks all have to go a fair bit of work.
The track base is Hawbaker's Dodge track Jan 2003 and I have not altered much of his De2 but instead added a bit of Alpha and texturing changed the Asphalt surface walls and adverts. It is close to completion and I should be uploading this soon for you to place in your next Nascar Wellen series. Just some pics of real track to wet your appetite...

NASCAR Tracks V1 4 years 5 months ago #74180

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Update.... Sorry but with the thought of having fig 8 racing here just like the real track did back in the 1990's I have been very busy finishing the palms a days work (Friday) and today Sunday has been to level the infield for the Fig 8 layout Alpha plate (s') and not so easy to achieve but it will still require some more Alpha plates to complete the turns.., so far looking alright (see pic). Everything else is done so quite a bit of De2 moving of trucks no good searching the internet (CD's more like) for an emptied infield on a Dodge don't you reckon although I have shifted a few trucks on a previous Dodge I made with a fig 8 circuit so will dig that up and use the x-Import feature to quicken it up.

Saugus Speedway is coming along nicely maybe tomorrow, so please keep checking back. Here's a pic to show you all the progress.

Attachments:

NASCAR Tracks V1 4 years 5 months ago #74181

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor

Completed...!!!!

Saugus Speedway (Santa Clarita) CA 1/3 mile Asphalt 5 degree banking.....by me.

Fig 8 version to follow soon.

Having trouble posting track will try later....!!!!!
Attachments:

NASCAR Tracks V1 4 years 5 months ago #74184

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Again....???? Sorry but will keep trying to post track tomorrow.

File Attachment:

File Name: usCASaugus.zip
File Size:2,304 KB

PS the signs for track on front and back straight are disappointing and I gave up trying to improve on them. Everyone was lucky to get this track as the uploader is getting tired and refused to load up track.., a bit like me I guess. 139 people came from out of the blue to be onsite last night??? I mean that's great but mysterious. Anyway enjoy
Attachments:

NASCAR Tracks V1 4 years 5 months ago #74185

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
It's truly sad to hear that tragedy has struck this community of Saugus in California.

NASCAR Tracks V1 4 years 5 months ago #74186

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
It's truly sad to hear that tragedy has struck this community of Saugus in California.

NASCAR Tracks V1 4 years 4 months ago #74187

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Moving on.....

I have been pained in both physical and mental torment, truly emotional breakdown I have had this last week so please accept my apologies for not getting something done for DTR2.

Flatrock is a track found in Conneticut I believe well that's what the editors from Nosenseyet have told us, so thanks to them for making this track edited Nov 2002 and it should have been placed in the classics tracks but here it is in it's edited form by them. It's a circuit of approx. I believe of about 2.2 miles at least that's what I've put. It is different to race compared to all other tracks but it works to a point as the cars do run off the edge of track and finding the track line is sometimes difficult so not perfect but a bit of fun for any Nascar Series. I'm sharing okay. Beleive the curcuit no longer exists only a short track and Toledo I believe.... I will go take another painkiller.....

File Attachment:

File Name: Flatrock.zip
File Size:1,719 KB

Track was edited from a D_OVAL_1 dtr1.
Attachments:

NASCAR Tracks V1 3 years 8 months ago #74367

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Exactly 8 months ago I posted a Nascar Track. Sad....

Martinsville VA is coming.....!!!

Some real pics and an updated pic to what I had posted in the below Thread and this is flying in on a wing and a prayer I tell ya...!! Fingers crossed I can revive this track for me to give to you.., if you know what I mean as editing by hand is not an easy thing if you're as old and dilapidated as me. Here's the pics... Keep popping back.

As it was 10 years ago. I have started to alter fix the seating and will attempt crowds but don't hold your breath.

When it's ready I will post in here.
Attachments:

NASCAR Tracks V1 3 years 8 months ago #74368

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Update....

Can anyone remember the Papyrus Game Nascar 99... I had it and loved many of the tracks in there including Martinsville. Also Stockton and South Boston Hickory Mtr all great tracks so expect that if I can really get enthused I will keep trying to bring more to you over time, not saying I am that well but sayin I will try okay. The very next Nascar will be Dover int the pavement version not DH's one so look forward to that. Grabbed some pics of updated track not much but it's something. Also some Memorabilia for those that had that first original Nascar game.

Keep popping back.
Attachments:

NASCAR Tracks V1 3 years 8 months ago #74369

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Just trying to get you all excited.... Nearly done the tower trns1 and 2 to keep you happy. Hope it's alright. Comment by all means to give me some direction but hey not rushing this.

Attachments:

NASCAR Tracks V1 3 years 8 months ago #74370

looks nice Paul and yea old game nkr99 brings back lots memory 1 of only games i did real 500 lapper at Bristol lol

NASCAR Tracks V1 3 years 8 months ago #74371

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Yeah so true and thanks for the nice comment Darren. Papyrus apparently made that game way back in 1994, so hard to believe and the graphics were amazing and feel they still do look good. I got the last CD PC game at Kmart in Hastings NZ I think in 2000 well before I got the DTR-Australia game so I had lots of fun before dirt consumed me which I knew it would but hey.., it's great to get both worlds now and although the progress has been a bit slow and I feel really sore and tired from my day of punching numbers on the keyboard, I do hope to find some trucks for the center of Martinsville but if nor, ooh well... At least I am trying. It will look better than the original I made way back in 2012 just before the PC crashed but lucky enough I had kept a single copy of this and a few others.

Got some of this lot to do.. yet.

Not sure about the extra white lines I need to do. The dashes are a bit long so will shorten those but I might try a second row only.

P.S Yes Bristol was great on that game with the slight kick-ups in corners, a really nice feel and never felt it that good since sadly.
Attachments:

• Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.712 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 126 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form