Friday, April 19, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Flying in yet Again!! 5 years 1 month ago #73918

• Daveybird
  • Daveybird's Avatar Topic Author
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
  • I'm a sexy bird who can fly on dirt!
  • Thank you received: 9
Still playing DTR2, eh? SNAS is back in business!! Paul's Gateway track gave me the itch, and I've got a bunch of new cars and tracks I'm working on, so I'll share with you.

Tracks:

Gas City 2019:

Another redo of Gas City I-69. Still better than the DTR1 version. I've obviously gotta sort out the grandstands, fences, trees, etc, but this is a sketch and I'm pleased with the track shape and surface!

A top shot of the track. I made it kinda like a D Oval on the backstretch.

You know me, I'm severely OCD about landmarks, so obviously, the Gas City watertower was one of the first things I added.

I modified a photo of the pressbox for this.

Tri-State (Haubstadt) 2019:

I decided to redo the track mesh and make the atmosphere more electric.

A busy Highway 41!!

The Budweiser sign is one major thing that I tend to overlook in my otherwise more accurate NASCAR Heat and rFactor versions, so I'll see if I can remember to drop it in those, too.

The Reserved seats, where I usually sit when I'm there.

Like all of my tracks, It'll have a night version.

Paragon Speedway 2019:

The 3/8 Mile dirt oval in Paragon, IN.

Cars:

Still gonna release my Sprint Car Cockpit sometime soon.

My Non Wing Sprint Cars will have a lot of new faces and better tires. Iggy's got Goodyears!

Robert Ballou. I've got a bunch of recent USAC Sprint Car drivers painted.

My new Sportsman Super Stocks.

My new Modifieds will have a bigger tire diameter, because before, they looked like Modlites, lol!!

So yeah, I'm back into DTR2 for now. For some of my tracks, I'll probably start them in DTR2, and then convert them to Heat and rFactor, adding a bunch of enhancements and adjustments, but the DTR2 version will be a good base. :laugh: :laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Flying in yet Again!! 5 years 1 month ago #73919

Glad I gave you the bug. These look cool and yeah a great version of Gas City is what this game needs. Go Davey!!!

Flying in yet Again!! 5 years 1 month ago #73920

Glad I gave you the bug. These look cool and yeah a great version of Gas City is what this game needs. Go Davey!!!

How about one of these. I'll build the Nascar Tracks you make the Modified and we'll race them. Deal?
Attachments:

Flying in yet Again!! 5 years 1 month ago #73921

• Daveybird
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
DTR2 Asphalt? I do run my Sprints ans ASA Late Models on the asphalt tracks sometime, and I have made NASCAR Modifieds for Heat and rFactor. You're thinking about making some Local NASCAR Home Pavement Tracks? Bowman Gray? Stafford? Concord? Lee USA? Sounds Awesome!!

Flying in yet Again!! 5 years 1 month ago #73922

Does sound good. A lot of work for us but hey, I am halfway there so here is some pics of my Nascar tracks. Bowman Gray now there is a tricky track!!!
First one that I am remaking is....

Shocks Volunteer track used for swap. Maybe a wee bit overdone but I love a great swagger round the bends.

Huntsville poss one of SNAS's old tracks? Not sure.

Martinsville now there's a track!!! Still a way to go but goes like a licked cat!!

Salem Winchester whatever. This track was one I got from WOW I believe. Fixed it up for DTR2 love it.

One of my fav's was Stockton in Nascar game original 1999. Still a bit of work here.

I do have Sth Boston Riverhead (ex Macon) Hickory Mtr Speedrome IND plus fig 8 versions on the main last three mentioned. Fun huh. That's what this game is about and until finished as you can see I have barely begun so I better get my BS into gear

Flying in yet Again!! 5 years 4 weeks ago #73923

• Daveybird
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
Awesome!! I'm thinking about making a new Pavement Late Model chassis as well!

Flying in yet Again!! 5 years 4 weeks ago #73924

Sounds great Davey. I'll be posting soon some of my new Super Saloons and Super Sedans from down under but I'd love it if you could model one each of these but put em' in the same class maybe.

Pure Stock.

Love those curves.

Super Lates.

I will attempt Bowman Gray NC if you want unless you're keen ofcourse but first I must tidy up on what I promised being that of Belle Clair IL
Attachments:

Flying in yet Again!! 5 years 4 weeks ago #73925

• Daveybird
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
I'm actually working on new Asphalt Late Models and NASCAR Tour Modifieds, I'll show you pics when I get a chance, and yes, I would still like Bowman Gray, the Madhouse, if I'm making NASCAR Whelen Modifieds!! Thanks. These cars are in their seperate divisions because it's better for offline. I've also got Late Model Sportsman (look kinda like that Pure Stock) planned. Mostly just narrower, slower Late Models.

Flying in yet Again!! 5 years 3 weeks ago #73926

Bowman Gray I should have thought of as I'm not a Super Speedway driver. I do fancy the tricky bogey type small tracks so yeah, I'll give that one a go for ya' Davey. Worth doing. I better get pumping. I have a track in mind and yeah it is a DTR1 track bit like the Gateway Dome. Grabbed plenty of Pics so I should get motivated and not get bogged down with things like the making of Alpha rather than moving De2 which I know I can do but ooh wee. Nice to see ya and will leave you with a pic of a car I have recently done although not ready to hand over due to messing with the 3 wheelin'. It works but it take lots of guts to throw it in the corners.

OZ_Dominator

Australian Super Sedan Dominator chassis. I do have 3 other new chassis to replace the old orrible ones. Reminds me they need an Aussie track too to race om. Dang!!!
Attachments:

Flying in yet Again!! 4 years 9 months ago #73968

Hey guys Great work Love ideas and pics nice see our games dead. Daveybird love new tracks ur making ganna be fun when there ready im sure cars always fun to run from u and test and Paul I WANT Dirt Martinsville please lol been wanting have it done for while it go good on my NDRA= Nascar Dirt Racing Asso. and new Va dirt series im working on. i have got to make few genric tracks for md and va to get those series on go Keep up great work all keep dirt flying guys

Flying in yet Again!! 3 years 8 months ago #74364

Paul D kiwi wrote: Does sound good. A lot of work for us but hey, I am halfway there so here is some pics of my Nascar tracks.
Martinsville now there's a track!!! Still a way to go but goes like a licked cat!!

Paul possably get this track now least if ai is decent dont have be finnished but could use it for my Va dirt series lol

Flying in yet Again!! 3 years 8 months ago #74365

Hey Darren how are ya? I know I have slacked for sometime now but needed a real break. Things have not improved for me but I will devote sometime for a couple of tracks and the first yes.., will be Martinsville... Warning.. it will not be perfect and will try and place more stadium around correct bends based on what year I choose. Check back in the Nascar Thread okay for updates and may get Grafton completed too as there was not much to do but Bowman Gray??? May try but I can no longer sit in one spot for hours on end moving individual things for that realism.

Hope all is well with you all.

Flying in yet Again!! 3 years 8 months ago #74366

sounds good paul Dont need be perfect as long as races ok thats all maters to me. Kids doing ok Wife on other hand is dealing with broken wrist and we should know coming Monday if surge is needed sigh pray she dont have have surge state has lots stuff closed but racing is happning least for moment anyways i dont think ill manage get over there though but its ok i can read and have fb to wach what i can ill try stay in tuch more just havent had time to do much on editing kids have my time for now

Flying in yet Again!! 3 years 8 months ago #74376

Daveybird U still here??? hope so jw if u was still working on those tacks and cars??? ? u wasnt by chance working on a hornent class was u?

• Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.833 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 150 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form