Friday, April 19, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

All track making Videos and Tutorials are here! 10 years 10 months ago #51487

• VLR_Shock
  • VLR_Shock's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
Video 1 (Importing/Exporting track and getting it to show up in game. Editing and moving objects):

First of all, thanks Viper for the Camtasia idea, it seems to have worked great! With that said, I have the first actual video with audio ready for everyone to watch. I haven't watched through it to make sure everything is good but every part in the video I clicked on seemed to work good with good audio. LET ME KNOW IF THIS HELPS YOU ANY AND EVEN POST SCREENSHOTS OF YOUR TRACK THAT YOU WORK ON! Also if you have any questions you'd like me to demonstrate in future videos please let me know. Please respond after you watch the video because I'd love to hear if this has helped anyone! Thanks.

I was glad to see all the interest and that's why I made the video so now I want to hear from people who followed the video and are attempting to make a track now so please don't let me down now. It's normal to make mistakes as you learn so don't worry if it doesn't turn out as perfect as you planned, that's what practice is for.

Hopefully people understand this video. If you have any questions please post in the VLR forum.

TexDraw (For painting the textures inside your tracks textures folder):
teamvlr.com/index.php/component/docman/d...draw.html?Itemid=121

Excel Macros (For quickening the conversion of the .csv file to .raw for Rhino):
teamvlr.com/index.php/component/docman/d...cros.html?Itemid=121

OPTIONAL:
WORDPAD tutorial for Rhino. Very useful if you need to jog your memory on something and aren't sure where it was in the video. Also gives you an idea of where the macros go:
teamvlr.com/index.php/component/docman/d...rial.html?Itemid=121

Let me know if it helps!
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by VLR_Shock.

All track making Videos and Tutorials are here! 10 years 10 months ago #51488

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Video 2 Alp Editing/Other Random helpful things:

For anyone who didn't see the 2nd video posted last night here's the link. In this video it will go over how to do some alp which is things like lights, trees, fences, crowd and basically any object in dtr2 that you're able to drive through without feeling any damage. It also covers a few more things that I was specifically asked in the first video thread by DCNation. Unfortunately the video quality ended up lower than the first video which I'll try to make sure doesn't happen again but hopefully you guys can see everything decent. Sorry about that.

Video 3 may go over some more alp as well as grip and a few other things that people request. So if you have something to ask, ask here.

Last edit: by VLR_Shock.

All track making Videos and Tutorials are here! 10 years 10 months ago #51489

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Video 3 Grip/Black Flags:

This video is the third video in my DTR2 Track Making Tutorial Videos for Rhino3d. It covers grip and how to prevent black flag errors when you shorten or reshape a track. Please let me know if it helps! Enjoy! Also I've attached a reference pic for people who watch the video in order to get a better understanding of the Inner and Outer Radius in the track.str file. LET ME KNOW IF IT HELPS OR IF YOU NEED HELP AFTER WATCHING! I WANNA SEE SOME TRACKS GET RELEASED :)

All track making Videos and Tutorials are here! 10 years 10 months ago #51615

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
bump

All track making Videos and Tutorials are here! 10 years 10 months ago #51750

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
:cheer:

All track making Videos and Tutorials are here! 10 years 9 months ago #51789

Can you move the individual verts for the alp objects like you can with the track? I tried turning the control points on but it does nothing but deselect my object.

All track making Videos and Tutorials are here! 10 years 9 months ago #51792

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
We haven't really figure out how in Rhino3d. Sorry. But we used to use a program called draw3d where you could but I think it may be a little more confusing
The following user(s) said Thank You: mcclung

All track making Videos and Tutorials are here! 10 years 9 months ago #51794

hmm going to make doing the fence interesting , may not get it just the way I want it. I did however get the lights on the track now.
Working on the fence at the moment. Thanks for the help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VLR_Shock

All track making Videos and Tutorials are here! 10 years 9 months ago #51800

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
You should be able to get the fence how you want it without moving individual points. Just shrink the fence up and make more fence posts so it curves around the turns the right way. I'm glad to hear you got the lights up, I can't wait to see the next screenshot! You've really taken off on this track making and I can't wait to see when you start making those real tracks.

All track making Videos and Tutorials are here! 10 years 9 months ago #51801

I've always enjoyed making things for my games. I started back in dtr1 but the de2 editor killed me bc of how long everything took to do so I mostly just stuck with the textures and skins, but when I heard about using rhino I really got excited. I'll be making alot of tracks I'm sure, I spend more time making stuff than I do playing the games lol

I got the fencing all up now I just have to adjust them to multiple the right way. Once I get that I will move on to the crowd. Do you know if knox has the stop light on the track or will I need to pull one from a alp file. I never noticed one there but thought I'd ask.

All track making Videos and Tutorials are here! 10 years 9 months ago #51803

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
If you're talking about like traffic lights that hang off the fence i doubt it has it. But tracks like Cherokee (I think) and Dirt Track at Lowes have some in Alp that you can try.

All track making Videos and Tutorials are here! 10 years 9 months ago #51805

I'm using LaSalle as my base for the track I'm making, but I can't seem to grab ahold of it. When I try to move something, it messes up. I made sure I have all the points selected. Any ideas?

All track making Videos and Tutorials are here! 10 years 9 months ago #52410

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Bump

All track making Videos and Tutorials are here! 10 years 9 months ago #52411

can we downlaod the videos yet for eaiser accses and following along video by video?
Download my car its the one im gonna use for all races im in thanks headline is DCnation

All track making Videos and Tutorials are here! 10 years 9 months ago #52417

yea ya can i did incase i lost internet and wanted to work on my tracks when i was bored i just used mp3 rocket to download it,it has a video download feature www.mp3rocket.com

just copy the youtube link from the browser and paste it in in the url area of rockets youtube converter section on the video
\,,/ -_- \,,/ If You Can't Run With The Big Dogs Then Stay On The Porch \,,/ -_- \,,/

Last edit: by IR_Viper.

All track making Videos and Tutorials are here! 10 years 8 months ago #52906

hey shock i followed the video to a tee and i cant get my fence to show up,could use your help,i used the technique you showed for the lights and my fence is not showing up,i made sure the meshes were exactly the same number,the fence uses 12 coloms and i did exactly like you said

VLR_Shock wrote: Video 2 Alp Editing/Other Random helpful things:

For anyone who didn't see the 2nd video posted last night here's the link. In this video it will go over how to do some alp which is things like lights, trees, fences, crowd and basically any object in dtr2 that you're able to drive through without feeling any damage. It also covers a few more things that I was specifically asked in the first video thread by DCNation. Unfortunately the video quality ended up lower than the first video which I'll try to make sure doesn't happen again but hopefully you guys can see everything decent. Sorry about that.

Video 3 may go over some more alp as well as grip and a few other things that people request. So if you have something to ask, ask here.

\,,/ -_- \,,/ If You Can't Run With The Big Dogs Then Stay On The Porch \,,/ -_- \,,/

All track making Videos and Tutorials are here! 10 years 8 months ago #52925

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Does it give an error? Can you post your ALP file here for me to look at ?

All track making Videos and Tutorials are here! 10 years 8 months ago #52932

VLR_Shock wrote: Does it give an error? Can you post your ALP file here for me to look at ?

na it didnt give an just wasnt showing up but,i got it to show up,just learned you cant use another tracks de2 with the other tracks default files lol,so i used a wholle track file and uwent from there.

All track making Videos and Tutorials are here! 10 years 8 months ago #52933

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I'm confused to what you're saying but ok lol.

All track making Videos and Tutorials are here! 10 years 8 months ago #53297

• BLS_BW43
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 220
*bump*

Back on top of the Garbage in this Forum

• Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 112 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form